Thursday, January 31, 2013
Sweet Little Bunny
I awakened with a feeling
that the day would not go well.
It seemed that I was out of sync,
and things just wouldn't jell.
I looked outside my window
and, cute as he could be,
sat the sweetest little bunny,
who was looking back at me...
He cocked his furry head
and looked, as if about to say,
“I'm hear to cheer you up,
to help you have a happy day!”
I forgot my moody feelings
as I looked him in the eye
and said,“Hey, little rabbit --
thanks so much for stopping by!”
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Rabbits love to play!!
You know its true!!
They run, they jump, they flip and play hide and seek. They even toss things in the air.
And just like human kids, they love a good toy. A good toy helps them from getting bored. "MOM!!!...There's nothing to dooooooo...." (add a whining sound for realism)
And now you have a choice. You can go out and buy toys for your bun...or...unlike most children, rabbits appreciate homemade toys too.
Bunny toys should reflect their natural behaviors, such as digging and tossing, tunneling and chewing.
Here are a few fun, easy suggestions for you to try-
* Cardboard boxes or purchased cardboard castles made for rabbits with openings and ramps
* Large cardboard tubes made for rabbits or find form tubes (used for concrete) at a building supply just make sure they aren’t treated with any chemicals before purchase.
*Wood Bird toys – mobiles are okay especially the wood type and check at all materials in the construction of it.
* Large rubber or plastic balls for pushing. Stay away from foam or styrofoam materials that can cause choking or blockages.
*Baby rattles for throwing – be sure the plastic is strong enough to resist bunny teeth.
*Big Plastic Slinky – I like them, too . . . what is it about a slinky, anyway?
* Small stuffed animals with no removable chewable parts or hard eyes – more for snuggling than playing. If you have a single rabbit, they might enjoy a snuggle toy.
*Baked and cleaned pinecones for tossing. Don't go for exotic "pinecones" that aren't your basic evergreen pinecone.
* Small cotton rag rug for arranging and tunneling inside. Make sure bunny won't eat it.
* Old phonebooks, although, these are becoming harder to find, rabbits love digging in them and chewing. *Core cardboard rolls from paper towels or toilet paper rolls – get the ones with the least amount of glue on the cardboard!
* Untreated willow baskets – without paint or varnish or other chemicals.
*Big plain paper bags from the grocery store for chewing and exploring
Does your bunny have favorite toys?
Please tell us about them!!
A Happy Bunny Makes for a Happy Home!!
art by: Leontine Greenberg
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
here. Lim says "I would describe my work as simple and fun, but with a strong idea or message behind it. Life should be fun and humorous when possible and I hope that my illustrations generate a sense of joy and happiness."
Well done Lim Heng Swee.
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Consider the bunny-
God's cockeyed creation
for pure decoration!
Fed up with all of that
He got“Sixth-Day Sillies”
and whipped up this fluff...
Pah! Enough of their pride,
Creation was good --
but, well, too dignified!
So God took some whiskers
and cut them too long,
Set the eyes wide
and aimed them all wrong,
Stretched out the ears
to amazing extent,
Then put them on
like no ears ever went,
Stuck an itch-twitch
at one end of the thing,
and gave the other
a comical spring!
Gave it no sense of direction,
Just for fun, gave it
the nerves of a wren!
Looking for grace?
Try the nimble giraffe...
God made this creature
to bring us a laugh!
When it was done,
God saw it was funny--
And when Adam
he called it a bunny!
Saturday, January 5, 2013
Rabbits Rock and ROLL in The Hobbit!!Though they only make a brief appearance in the newest Hollywood sensation known as THE HOBBIT...
and even though they are solely the fictitious creation of Peter Jackson and not in the book...
We are grateful to witness the wild ride of the "Rhosgobel" rabbits pulling their sled ahead of the disgusting Orcs!!
Isnt Middle-earth Grand!?
Friday, January 4, 2013
A Make Believe
All is welcome to my crunching,
Fore-toothed, three-lipped mouth--
Eating side way, round way, flat way,
Eating this way, eating that way,
Every way at once!
art-Ester Garcia 2